Discussion Questions on Christology
Dennis McCallum and Gary DeLashmutt
We notice that Christian students often feel they don't need to study Christology. These questions help them see they don't have all the answers they need. We spend a few minutes challenging them with these before covering the Christology Outline.
- Could Christ sin or couldn't he? See Luke 4:1,2 & James 1:13. Use scripture to support your answer.
- It is taught that Christ emptied himself of the use of his divine attributes and lived as a human being. What application does this have for the Christian life?
- Where did Christ go between His death and resurrection? See 1 Peter 3:19; 4:6; Ephesians 4:9.
- Why is the resurrection of Christ important? Give scriptures which support your answers.
- What is Christ doing now?
- Which of these issues are essential? Which are not? Why?
If you had trouble answering any of these questions, you need work on your Christology!